* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unable To Connect in Latest Version of Join FS  (Read 605 times)

hbarkhof

• Airlines Fly-in Planners
  • Superhero Member
  • The flying Dutchman.
Re: Unable To Connect in Latest Version of Join FS
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 25 Feb 2021, 17:17:19 »
Impossible to connect Teamspeak 3.5.6 and also impossible to connect
with JoinFS 1.7.5. Both version worked last week !
Henk - The flying Dutchman.

Simmo

• Approved Member
  • Hopelessly lost but making good time!
    • Simmo2sim ... X-Plane and Beyond
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 06 Mar 2021, 16:38:12 »
Just to put my two penneth in..
and I don't know how helpful this is..
I have not been online for quite a few weeks and on the last GA session I was told to update JoinFS to 2.0.4 which I dutifully did.

Pre-update
I have been using a folder of 'simple model' aircraft (around 50 different types) for JoinFS to display. This would give me better frame rates rather than using the more complicated models provided by X-Plane.
This worked OK for me. I could see everyone in the sim window (no designation above the aircraft though)
I could see everyone in LNavMap although sometimes the designations would be confused.
It was not ideal but as everyone else seemed to have no problems with P3D or FSX I just lived with it.

Post-update
My 'simple model' aircraft no longer display properly, only perhaps parts of the internal cockpit walls. I switched to using the stock X-Plane aircraft and they do display. Luckily Laminar has done an update which allows a much more simplified model of the stock aircraft to be used as AI so the frame rate isn't too bad. I also like the new aircraft designations displayed above the aircraft as FSX does (very useful)
I can see everyone in LNavMap although the designations consist of just a number ie. '1' '2' and so on. so that's not much use.
One big problem is that no one can see my aircraft either in the sim or in LNavMap. I perhaps have not ticked a box but I did not have time to explore that.

I hope this might be useful

Cheers
Dave

Simmo

• Approved Member
  • Hopelessly lost but making good time!
    • Simmo2sim ... X-Plane and Beyond
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 11 Mar 2021, 16:00:40 »
Just to update you on my continuing saga. While flying with the GA's last night I fiddled about with the settings to try and work out why no one could see me. (see my previous post) After a lot of head scratching it seems that the aircraft I happened to be flying was not one of those in the folder that JoinFS had scanned to use as its AI aircraft. A quick rescan of the correct folders sorted out the problem. So there we are..

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Dave

* Random Image

X-Plane 10 - 64-bit - BFSG Server #2!
On the ground at SCTE with the GAs at the end of their fly-in on November 14.

No scenery installed for this area - so they all appear to be floating - and no model for the DC2/3 so, for some reason, they're all rendered as Airbus!
 Views: 419
Posted by Andy Parish
Nov 16, 2013
in Andy's Uploads