* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Random Image

Golden Oldie
Boeing Stratoliner
 Views: 652
Posted by
Sep 20, 2008
in Aircraft

Poll

Would you be prepared to take part in a resumption of face-to-face meetings at the Barn on the proviso that prevailing government guidance for public gatherings is adhered to?

Yes
No

Voting closes: Sun, 09 Aug 2020, 14:38:50

Author Topic: A return to face-to-face meetings?  (Read 50 times)

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 11.40 / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
A return to face-to-face meetings?
« on: Fri, 24 Jul 2020, 12:18:54 »
I've been contacted by the Barn with news that they plan to reopen from September 1st, and have been asked if we wish to retain our bookings. Clearly, that is dependent on our membership and its appetite for meetings in person.

If we are to resume meetings, I need to provide the barn with a "risk assessment", although I don't yet know what form that will take.

I believe the Jubilee room that we use offers ample opportunity for social distancing, and as long as we adhere to the government guidance in force at the time and take a register for "track and trace" (such as it is), we'll be OK. I also recognise that I'm probably one of our youngest members and that my perception of the risk may not align with those of the wider membership, so...

Pete Allnutt

• Going Around - Again
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • CIX VFR Club
Re: A return to face-to-face meetings?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 Jul 2020, 13:37:54 »
Well I've been told not to visit my parents at the start of September for my mother's 80th birthday. So I guess I'm out for September but as soon as the doctors say my immune system would cope I'm game. Would be happy to wear a face mask or anything that would help ;)

Next update I'll get from the doctors will probably be early October.
Pete Allnutt
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 11.40 / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Re: A return to face-to-face meetings?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 Aug 2020, 11:33:46 »
Nudging this so that it appears with unread posts on the offchance that people will read it and see the poll at the top that's asking for your input.

Only 6 positive responses to date mean that getting back to the barn doesn't look like a viable proposition.

Please vote in the poll. Tell others on fly-ins to vote in the poll.