* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: UK VFR flights  (Read 253 times)

Dave G (G-HERC)

• Approved Member
UK VFR flights
« on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 13:34:18 »
Hello all

I've just registered with BFSG to find out if there is a place for me to fit in.

I'm looking for companions for virtual VFR flying in the UK.  I'm familiar with VATSIM UK and do one or two flights a week with them.  I can use IVAO but there seems little activity in the UK.

I'm running FSX on a low-spec PC so tend to use default aircraft but also use ActiveSky, head-tracking and plan flights using NATS, Metoffice aviation, and Little NavMap.  To improve realism I usually disconnect LNM so I can only see other aircraft out of the window, but still use it as a chart.  PLOGS, wind correction, fuel calculations, weight & balance are fine with me too.

Group flights on JoinFS are great too.  Sometimes I'll set up a navigation challenge in low-visibility, or do formation flying.

Is there much VFR activity in the club at the moment?  If so, is there someone in particular I should contact?

Many thanks
Dave

Pete A (G-SPCA)

• Going Around - Again
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • CIX VFR Club
Re: UK VFR flights
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 13:51:48 »
Hi Dave,

Welcome to our small corner of the flight sim world :) We run group GA/VFR flights every Tuesday night and I'm sure Mike will be along soon to encourage you to come join in. We use our own joinFS hub for these. On a busy week we can 15 or more flying together. With your VATSIM and IVAO experience you'll probably put us all to shame :)

Enjoy your stay here.
Pete Allnutt
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Dave G (G-HERC)

• Approved Member
Re: UK VFR flights
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 17:46:05 »
Hi Pete

Thanks for your reply.  I'll speak to Mike and come along to a Tuesday meeting some time.

Meanwhile, if any club member wishes to join me for a spin on one of my days off, or maybe at a weekend, I'd be pleased to hear from them.

Dave

* Random Image

We Remember
We Remember - Keep them flying
Tribute song and video to the flyers of WW2 and the aircraft they used
 Views: 0
Posted by Pete A (G-SPCA)
Oct 09, 2012
in picnic