* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Random Image

Fireworks In FSX Default at Londinium
 Views: 475
Posted by MYK956 (RIP)
Aug 19, 2009
in Scenery

Linked Events

• August 2020 Meeting: Sun, 23 Aug 2020

Author Topic: Sunday 23rd August 2020 BFSG Meeting at Lincombe Barn, Downend, Bristol  (Read 233 times)

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 11.40 / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEETING IS CANCELLED DUE TO THE ONGOING CLOSURE OF THE BARN.

WE HAVE BEEN ASKED IF WE WISH TO RESUME MEETINGS IN SEPTEMBER. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHETHER YOU'RE LIKELY TO ATTEND BY ANSWERING THE POLL IN THIS THREAD

« Last Edit: Sat, 01 Aug 2020, 20:29:41 by Andy Parish »

Len854

• Approved Member
At the and for the foresee future I will not be attending the Barn
Yours Sincerely
LENFARR

Mac@Bath

• GA Fly-in Planner
  • Superhero Member
  • "All round pretty good guy." (Sometimes!)
I would expect to be there, if possible.
But, perhaps we - all?  need to discuss/debate (or at least express a view upon) the likely format of our Group's future.....
Clearly things have significantly changed (not JUST because of Corona!!), but am I alone in being just a tad "disappointed" that we - as a once vibrant group - have settled in to a small group of "heavies" over one side of the room and a small group of GA-ers over the other side?
I wonder whether/if/how MFS2020 might now impact this?
Do x-planers & FS9-ears get the same 'buzz' out of our meetings?
Do we (you!) GAIN anything from the current style "meeting"?
Do we - all or any of us - leave after a meeting having gained/learned ANYTHING?
IMHO.  We need to give this some thought.... especially if Andy is going to be required to commit to a further (full) year of Hall-Bookings.
SHOULD he do so?
Anyone remember Cliff Richard's song "We don't talk anymore."?
We have a listed "Membership" of over 300.  Only 30 (regularly) turn out for our meetings.   Only 30 of us are regular "on-liners".   What was the last "interesting" Post in this forum (excluding our weekly logging-in....IF we remember to do it!!)
I find that really very, very sad......
Way of the world???
Any thoughts?  Options?   Alternatives?    Just askin'....
(Or just a deafening silence? 🙄 )
B. 😎
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 Aug 2020, 14:10:55 by Mac@Bath »

g-bobb

• Approved Member
it is a shame were now getting the same few members attending the barn.
but it also nice to have face to face catchups so iwould still want meetings to continue once its safe to do so.
i suspect things will get a bit livelier with ms 2020 launching
itll be something new to praise or bitch about.

SAM G-BMSF

• Approved Member
There is always Skype?!. I living in Scotland would find it difficult if not impossible to attend a Barn meeting But I have attended one meeting using Skype through my virtual friend and fellow GA,err. Nafez, who kindly took his laptop to the barn so I could speak to fellow members. That way if the barn is too expensive the club could always hire the back room of the local pub for a couple of hours
Sam

hbarkhof

• Airlines Fly-in Planners
  • The flying Dutchman.
I am living in the Netherlands and would be very difficult but not impossible to attend as I did it once , 3 ? Years ago. I would love to attend every month if financially possible but not before that stupid covid-19 disappears.

Henk.
Henk - The flying Dutchman.