* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Air Manager ????  (Read 378 times)

Brian B

• Approved Member
Air Manager ????
« on: Sun, 02 Sep 2018, 18:14:42 »
Hi Chaps
May I ask if any one is using Panel Builder or Air Manager ?
Brian B.
Brian Butler

Simmo

• Approved Member
  • Hopelessly lost but making good time!
    • Simmo2sim ... X-Plane and Beyond
Re: Air Manager ????
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 Sep 2018, 10:11:08 »
Hi Brian,
I use Panel Builder to flash up a simple panel on secondary monitors. It seems bomb proof and is easy to use.
I have also used Air Manager (beta) (nonsensical name!) but preferred Panel Builder.
What do you need to know?

Brian B

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 Sep 2018, 19:29:30 »
Many thanks Simmo for your reply, I am hoping to use my 3 screens for cockpit view and a fourth screen underneath for gauges. I have Saitek radio, switches, auto pilot etc.
I use P3D, FSX and Xplane Will Panel builder work across all platforms if I only buy one download ?
Brian B.
Brian Butler

Simmo

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 Sep 2018, 20:12:26 »
Hi Brian,
not something I can answer definitively.
The same installer is used for all three platforms.
You can download a trial at RC Simulations (10 min demo) which might tell you
or you can e-mail Bob Sidwick at bob@rcsimulations.co.uk who will be pleased to help.
Just to let you know, although the gauges of Air Manager look prettier, the interface (at least on the beta) was quite clunky to use.
Every gauge on Panel Builder is separate from the rest and can be moved and resized with the mouse and scroll wheel.
You can save gauge combinations for particular aircraft and use background bitmaps.
I looked at the Air Manager site and it does not look like there is a demo version unfortunately.
Hope that helps.
Dave

Mac@Bath

• GA Fly-in Planner
  • Superhero Member
  • "All round pretty good guy." (Sometimes!)
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 Sep 2018, 20:56:24 »
Brian,
your "cockpit" view will....or actually SHOULD..... be the "Virtual (default) cockpit" - complete with the dials.
You NEED to be able to use your "Hat" switch to look around/up+down.....just like your human eyeballs do!!
NO ONE - ever! - simply "flies" staring - only - out of the front window!!!!
You can also open a second (3rd/4th) window to be a COPY of your radio panel/autopilot/levers/FMC etc.    But to have a separate programme/add-on to show (unrealistic? different? pretty? irrelevant?  unmatched?) dials from ANY other aircraft - or to your own design? - rather defeats the objective of "as real as it can get"......doesn't it?????
B

Brian B

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 Sep 2018, 21:26:24 »
Thanks Dave I will try the demo.

and Yes Barry point taken.  BUT   As you also know NO ONE ever will taxi or fly from the OUTSIDE of there aircraft, or do they !!!  "as real as it can get". ;D

Brian B.
Brian Butler

Simmo

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 04 Sep 2018, 09:36:21 »
Barry,
The idea of Panel Builder or Air Manager is to increase realism by offering real world, matched instruments on a separate monitor. This is much handier than having to keep changing your view to see the instrument panel.
The sets of instruments can be slaved to particular aircraft and change automatically when you change the aircraft.. so if you are flying a Baron you will have the correct Baron instruments and then if you change to a Cub then the instruments change appropriately.
It does not even have to be as complicated as that. I mostly use it to place a handy strip of generic instruments alongside Little Navmap on a second monitor.
Cheers
Dave

SAM G-BMSF

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 08 Sep 2018, 09:13:27 »
Hi, there are several vid's on utube for "Air Manager" (Mike Brown XPlane) and the guy who makes the vid's on the Twin Otter (FSX/P3d)

* Random Image

Somewhere West of EGGD
The new Bae Hawk from Just Flight
 Views: 351
Posted by SAM G-BMSF
Jul 27, 2016
in Aircraft