* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Plane Ever!!  (Read 745 times)

Simmo

• Approved Member
  • Hopelessly lost but making good time!
    • Simmo2sim ... X-Plane and Beyond
Best Plane Ever!!
« on: Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 08:06:57 »
OK I will start this off. Most people have more aircraft in their aircraft folder than they can ever hope to fully learn. What are your favourites? Which ones do you fly all the time and why? or which sim do you have the most fond memory of? Any platform!  Any time in the long history of flight simulation. :)

1)  A10 Cuba! (Parsoft) - simple graphics but so satisfying to shoot those tanks.
2)  F-19 Stealth Fighter (Microprose) - how many times can I destroy that SAM site without being seen?
3)  Alabeo Cruz PiperSport (X-Plane) - looks great and so smooth to fly.
4)  Khamsin DHC1 Chipmunk (X-Plane) - bags of character.
5)  XPFR Robin DR400 (X-Plane) - so pretty.

Cheers
Simmo

Guy7

• Approved Member
Re: Best Plane Ever!!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 12:22:16 »
Love my Alabeo / Carenado C185, C207 and C337 (current favourite)

For IFR quick stuff, the Aerobask Epic Victory is a dream.

Pete A (G-SPCA)

• Going Around - Again
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • CIX VFR Club
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 14:28:44 »
or which sim do you have the most fond memory of? Any platform!
It all started for me with Aviator on the BBC Micro back in '83 probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqGcL5QW97o

Skip to 5:50 and you'll see where I got my love of flying under bridges from  ::) You got double points if you were inverted  :o
Pete Allnutt
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Mac@Bath

• GA Fly-in Planner
  • Superhero Member
  • "All round pretty good guy." (Sometimes!)
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 19:03:24 »
Nostalgia......
I just LOVED shooting those blocky sky-scrapers en route from Meigs Feild in to O'Hare!  Was that really FS4, or FS5!?
(Still doing it now....except that I've got the latest Orbx Meigs Field! ...quite an improvement!)
My trusty Baron58 is truly my "comfy pair of slippers"....does exactly what I attempt and is comfortably predictable when it comes to strange weather or elevation challenges.  Or when I have not had an opportunity to pre-practice our wide variety of Tuesday flights.
My freebie Optica is great for sight-seeing....my SR71 is an indulgence with its ceiling and speed parameters (especially necessary to have 'unlimited fuel'!!)
The Dash has been good as a "learning" machine, but it also confirmed my boredom threshold when flying at/above FL100 (at night!) line-astern.
I've also enjoyed challenges with the Jet-Ranger, Spitfire and am currently trying to learn the complex Citation Mustang VLJ.

Previously very focussed on UK-VFR photographic scenery and all of the UK2000 Extreme fields, now firmly with (most of) Orbx/FTX.
More recently, I am "warming" to X-Plane, having seen some excellent screenhots of their latest tile-downloaded Area scenery (but let down by still very amateurish add-ons?!).

So, basically....I thoroughly enjoy the VARIETY that we can all gain from our simming (and I admit that I am rather perplexed that some of our number seem to ALWAYS fly only ONE aircraft ...from the hangar-load variety - default or down-loads - that are freely available).

My four penn'orth!
8)
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 19:11:05 by Mac@Bath »

Mike C (G-XTWM)

• Approved Member
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 Apr 2017, 11:06:00 »
From Alabeo:
Cessna 207 Skywagon

From Carenado:
Cessna 337 Skymaster
Cessna 185
F406 Caravan II
Aero Commander 500

From Realair:
Lancair Legacy
Spitfire

For older types:
Alabeo Beech Staggerwing and C195 BusinessLiner

Where do you stop ?

* Random Image

Alaskan highlight
On the way to Juneau Intl. keeping a wary eye on the big rocks. X-Plane 11 with Ortho4XP scenery and Carenado C340.
 Views: 310
Posted by Simmo
Feb 08, 2017
in Scenery