* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Resignation from group (was Re: Topic - Commercial Jet Airlines WEEK 40 – 29th September 2016)  (Read 714 times)

old flyer

• Approved Member
i do not wish to fly with the group any more, your to clicky for me, not one of you has contacted me  to see why i am not flying theres not much respect is there never mind you cannot win them all by by. d haynes

SAM G-BMSF

• Approved Member
Re: Re: Topic - Commercial Jet Airlines WEEK 40 – 29th September 2016
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 Sep 2016, 08:17:40 »
Re. Dave Haines.
Yes dave you may be right .
 But then again it being the holiday season  the people in your chosen group may have thought you where away on yer hol's, and then again
They just might not "GaF"
Just a thought
All the best at your next VA
SAM :o

Ollie Alderson

• Country Member
  • Airlines Fly-in Planners
  • Superhero Member
  • Plt Off P. Prune !!
Re: Re: Topic - Commercial Jet Airlines WEEK 40 – 29th September 2016
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 Sep 2016, 11:15:04 »
A long time member's thoughts on Dave Hayne's post.

Sam seems to understand "your to clicky for me", I confess I do not.

We are sorry to see Dave leave, after all, we can ill afford to lose any pilots. As regards Dave's statement that nobody has seen fit to contact him to ask his whereabouts or circumstances, well he has a point, I would simply reply that his absence was frequently commented on during Fly-Ins.

Without wishing to put myself in a position of going against Forum Rules, I can only say that Dave is not the sort of individual that we actively seek and leave it at that.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return –  Leonardo da Vinci.

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 12.0 / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Dave,

Apologies for moving your post and its answers from where they were, but the subject matter wasn't particularly relevant there. As Ollie says, it is a shame to see you go. I would however add to the answers that you've already received about not being contacted by anyone to enquire after your well-being.

The fly-in boards are full of people explaining that they're not able to fly on any given evening, and sometimes why. It's a shame that you didn't feel able to follow suit and share any difficulties that you have been experiencing. I think that Sam, whilst making a perfectly valid point about holidays, might have stated things a little strongly - but it is fair to say, having spoken with many members in person on Sunday (when your absence was noted in the heavies meeting), that none of the group considers themselves close enough to you to enquire after your well-being in person. It's not a lack of respect - their only contact with you has been on TeamSpeak and in forum messages and e-mails. Would you feel equipped to contact any of us if you didn't see or hear from us for a few weeks?

Ollie's final point is one that must be addressed. We've seen many members come and go - you're not the first and you won't be the last. Reasons have varied, but none has cited a lack of respect. Despite what you might believe now, I hope that you'll agree that many of our members have, since you joined, contributed significant time and effort in helping you hone your flying skills. I know of few people who would consider the free giving of the most valuable commodity of all, personal time, as disrespectful or clicky (sic) and know that those in the group who have done so will feel some hurt as a result of the comments you've made.

I do hope that when you find another group to fly with, that those skills will stand you in good stead, and that the attributes of its members more closely align with what you're seeking.

Clear skies.

Mac@Bath

• GA Fly-in Planner
  • Superhero Member
  • "All round pretty good guy." (Sometimes!)
Andy,
I applaud your sensible and sensitive action (in moving this post) and the tenor of your comment.  I - and, I'm sure, many others - am very sad that it was even necessary.   

The G.A. Wing took a lot of early flack and (with hindsight) spent a considerable amount of time & personal effort to help Dave to instal, tweak and understand his Sim.   And to explain the very basic rudiments of flight.   
We also tried to help him to understand the very friendly & supportive ethos of our club.
Clearly to no avail.   
He did not WANT to listen....or to learn.
More recently, we have all seen a number of the Heavy wing giving very extensive "one-on-one" weekly (even daily!) support and assistance to him.  We ALL noted this individual's inability to even begin to comply with/follow the long-standing & necessary protocols that have been developed over the many years of our club's existence.
Again, it seems he did not WANT to listen, learn .....or even TRY to comply. 
Sadly, "HE" made no personal effort to even try to integrate ....and to become part of "OUR" friendly club.
B
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 Sep 2016, 13:27:09 by Mac@Bath »

* Random Image

Bulldogs at Colerne
 Views: 520
Posted by David Pace
Jan 09, 2011
in Aviation