* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Radio Tuning in TS3  (Read 6850 times)

Mariopilot808

• Approved Member
    • Mario Noriega Designs
Re: Radio Tuning in TS3
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 18:12:53 »
Andy,
I as well was getting a load error on TS3. updated to the latest version, etc. Found out a LoadLibrary error 126 in the TS logs. this apparently indicates missing DLL link somewhere, so I launched the good old dependency walker: we are missing vcruntime140_1.dll
got this from the web and dropped into my TS3 main folder, and BAM! the plugin loaded. Somewhere this file is installed either with VC++ redistributables likely.

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 12.0 / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 22:39:44 »
You need to download and install the new Visual C++ libraries from the Microsoft website. This link will take you there.

Make sure you download and install the libraries (64-bit or 32-bit) that match the version of TeamSpeak (and the plugin) that you're using.

Hi Mario - good to hear from you.

We've seen this problem before - back on page 2 of this topic. Relevant parts of the post I made are reproduced above, but I think you can click somewhere on that quote to read it all. Pleased you got it working on your own though. It'll work with the file that you dropped in the installation directory, but the better solution would be to install the Microsoft redistributables.

Tell me, which version of Windows are you running on?

Mariopilot808

• Approved Member
    • Mario Noriega Designs
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 12:26:41 »
Ah ok, should have read through instead...
I am running Win 10 64 bit.
EDIT: I must have a newer version of the VC Redist package because the installer provided in your link refuses to install. This may explain why the previous version was working, but not this one? the DLL may have been obsoleted and removed from newer version of VC Redist..
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 12:30:36 by Mariopilot808 »

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 20:11:11 »
It does look as if there are later versions of that re-distributable package now - including one that contains all of the re-distributables from VS2015 (which this one is from), VS2017 and VS2019 (which is the latest version).

I'd recommend that you stick with what's working for you though.

Given that TeamSpeak uses the same version of the library, and it's therefore - presumably - installed as part of that process I don't fully understand why a nested dependency of other files in that library might be missing. Probably don't fully understand the process...

Valkin

• Approved Member
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 01 Jun 2020, 02:14:19 »
Hello, I have this problem with BFSGSimcom, when I use it on FSX it works flawlessly but when I use it with X Plane 11 and XPUIPC does not read the frequency values, the frequencies show in zeros do you know what could be causing this?
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 Jun 2020, 02:23:01 by Valkin »

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 01 Jun 2020, 08:27:54 »
Hi David - and welcome to the forums.

I think you (and I) are the only people who've ever used this on X-Plane! The missing information is that you need to add the following text to the end of your XPUIPCOffsets.cfg file which is in the XPUIPC plugin folder (typically <X-Plane>\Resources\plugins\XPUIPC)

Code: [Select]
#
# Added for XP 8.33Khz processing.
#
Dataref com1_freq_833 sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/com1_frequency_hz_833 int
Dataref com2_freq_833 sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/com2_frequency_hz_833 int
Dataref com1_stby_freq_833 sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/com1_standby_frequency_hz_833 int
Dataref com2_stby_freq_833 sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/com2_standby_frequency_hz_833 int
Offset 0x05c4 UINT32 3 r $com1_freq_833 1000 *
Offset 0x05c8 UINT32 3 r $com2_freq_833 1000 *
Offset 0x05cc UINT32 3 r $com1_stby_freq_833 1000 *
Offset 0x05d0 UINT32 3 r $com2_stby_freq_833 1000 *

This will work with the default aircraft and some (but not all) add-ons - if there's a specific one you're trying to use it with, then shout and I'll see if I can help.

Do let me know how you get on.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 Jun 2020, 17:31:21 by Andy Parish »

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 01 Jun 2020, 17:07:42 »
The plugin says it has installed ok, but when I start Teamspeak there is no Plugin on the Top line. So I go into tools/options/addons under BFSGSimCom Andrew J Parish.

There is a message in red saying Plugin failed to load, Failed to open: 1160734258  (Minimum 23 Currant24)

Hopefully this may give you a clue as to the problem.

Teamspeak version is 3.5.3 (06/05/20)
Qt Version 5.12.3.
Dave,

Are you still having problems? You have the same version of TeamSpeak as I do, and the Qt version isn't all that relevant as its defined by the TS3 version anyhow.

When you install the ts3_plugin file, does it tell you that you're installing version 0.13.2 and the correct platform (which should be win64 if you're running the 64-bit version of TS3 or win32 if you're running the 32-bit version)?

That message

edmundo

• Approved Member
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 01 Jun 2020, 20:15:46 »
Hi Andy.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I am still unable to tune frequencies using Radio. I will re install the plugin and check the version number and get back to you.

Many thanks

Dave

edmundo

• Approved Member
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 03 Jun 2020, 14:09:20 »
Hi Andy

I have uninstalled and re installed Teamspeak Please can you advise the server password

Cheers

Dave

Valkin

• Approved Member
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 04 Jun 2020, 00:11:48 »
Hi Andy, thanks a lot for your quick response, its now working like a charm in X Plane, congratulations, it is a very useful plugin for TS3 :D

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 04 Jun 2020, 18:20:44 »
I have uninstalled and re installed Teamspeak Please can you advise the server password
It's all in here... https://www.bristolflightsimgroup.org.uk/bwiki/index.php?title=TeamSpeak_3_Setup.

But I've PMd you as well...

edmundo

• Approved Member
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 05 Jun 2020, 20:24:58 »
Hi Andy

Thank you for you message with instructions and password.

I have reinstalled Teamspeak and I am up and running Version 3.5.3.

However the plugin I get when I click your link on page 7 of the thread gives me plugin version 0.13.2 which does not give me a plugin to configure in Teamspeak

Cheers

Dave.

edmundo

• Approved Member
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 17 Jun 2020, 09:30:33 »
Good morning Andy

I found the problem why the Plugin would not show up in Teamspeak, "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 x64 Redistributable file" not installed correctly, which also effected the operation my PMDG Operations Centre. this file must have been affected somehow after a windows 10 update.

I now have installed your Plugin and able to configure it in Teamspeak.

Thank you for your help

Cheers

Dave.

Valkin

• Approved Member
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 15 Feb 2021, 18:32:00 »
Hello Andy how are you, the TS3 plugin works great with x plane with the code you sent me a few months back, this past week I downloaded the zibo 737 800 and for some reason the plugin doesn't seem to work with this plane as you mentioned in the post when you sent me the code, TS3 says is connected to sim but the 2 frequencies appear in red and when I tune the radio, it doesn't change the TS3 channel, is there by any chance you could take a look into this issue? I'll appreciated very much  :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 Feb 2021, 18:35:27 by Valkin »

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 16 Feb 2021, 23:10:22 »
Hi David,

I've taken a look at this in the Zibo, and it can work OK - but only under certain conditions.

If you look level with the back of the pilot seat on the centre pedestal, you'll find what I'll call the audio control panel. On there, you can select using the top row of switches where your microphone is connected and on the next row down - of rotary / push knobs which select which systems you're listening to. By default, I found that my mic was set to Com1, but both the Com1 and Com2 audio selectors are on.

A quick fix will be to turn both of the audio selectors off and use the mic selector to tell the plugin which radio to use.

A full fix is going to be a bit more complex and I may need to track down the author of the plugin... I've tried to manipulate these switches in the past in XPUIPC, but they're hard coded rather than configured through the file we edited last time.

Let me know how you get on.

Andy

* Random Image

Twins at Bristol
 Views: 633
Posted by MYK956 (RIP)
Aug 14, 2009
in Sunday nites