* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Server Problems  (Read 827 times)

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 12.0 / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Server Problems
« on: Fri, 24 Apr 2015, 16:29:52 »
Last night, shortly after the end of the Commercial Airlines Fly-in, we experienced another failure of the fly-in server.

I raised a ticket at the time, and am yet to get a resolution time from our ISP. The cause of the failure is unknown, but the server will no longer boot. The problem is unique to our server, and it looks likely that at the very least, we'll need to restore a backup again - which means I'll have to do some "stuff" to get it back up to scratch.

More news as and when.

Andy

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 12.0 / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Re: Server Problems
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 Apr 2015, 22:53:04 »
No news is not necessarily good news...

I have no update from our ISP despite requests both yesterday and today so I'm unable to predict if and when a server on their infrastructure will be up. Given the lack of timely support to date (other than them telling me that the server wasn't booting, and a few other bits and pieces that I won't bore you with here) I don't know what to think.

I'm in the process of standing up a temporary server (which may well become semi-permanent) on Microsoft's Azure platform in case we need it next week. The main issue there is that unless I can get at the old server (or a backup of it) all those permissions that you'll have been granted over TS3 will have disappeared - and any non-default passwords on the FlyIn server itself will have disappeared too. I may not have time to get the weather stuff "working" again before the end of the week either...

Once I know what's happening, I'll stick a dashboard up here which will let you know at a glance what stuff is and isn't working as I bring it all back online.

All I can do right now is apologise for the inconvenience, and wait...

* Random Image

Week 48 - Not far out of Shanghai
 Views: 624
Posted by Andy Parish
Apr 30, 2009
in Fly-in Photos