* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Server Problems  (Read 1032 times)

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 12.0 / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Server Problems
« on: Thu, 05 Mar 2015, 16:12:21 »
I believe the server has been restored to full functionality now... we're back online.

We are presently experiencing problems with the Fly-in server and are working with the hosting provider to restore service. It has somehow become infected by ransomware which is making life very difficult!

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, but that might not be in time for the fly-in. Sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 Mar 2015, 21:31:45 by Andy Parish »

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Server Problems
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 Mar 2015, 18:34:32 »
The ISP is running a scan across the system which was 75% complete at around 17:30. I don't know what that translates to as a completion time (although I'd expect quite soon), and I don't know a) how effective the removal will have been, or b) what damage has been done that will need repair to get things working...

Further update when I have one.

Andy

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 Mar 2015, 20:36:57 »
It's looking like the server won't be back tonight... I've not been able to get on there yet as the ISP has been trying to clean it for me - the first attempt failed miserably.

Once I've been able to get back on to have a look around, I'll let you know more.

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 Mar 2015, 08:08:27 »
The server has now been restored from a backup which was taken in May last year which means that some of the permissions you might have had, or some of the software which was on there before will have disappeared.

I'll be looking through it today to see what's missing, so service may be intermittent...

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 Mar 2015, 15:16:52 »
In my lunch hour...

I've restored TeamSpeak and the FSD server configurations to the way they were just before the outage. I've also restored the FSD proxy program for X-Plane users (P3D users need to run the proxy locally as vPilot will only connect to port 6809, but there's an instance on the server which works with XSquawkbox which can connect to any port)

I still need to look at the Metar generation program which was updated since the backup position to work with EFASS. Apart from that, things are looking fairly intact.

I also need to uninstall some stuff.

Service will therefore continue to be intermittent, but things will be back soon.

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 Mar 2015, 21:30:51 »
I'm pretty sure everything is back the way it was now, and people have been on and off of TeamSpeak and the server too. As such I'm declaring us back online.

Anything that's not working for you, please post a message in the "Help" section of the forum.

If you were previously able to edit rooms in TeamSpeak, and you can't now, then make sure you're in the area that you're allowed to edit, and if that doesn't work make sure you're on a PC from which you've edited rooms before.

* Random Image

DSCF0035 JPG
 Views: 842
Posted by FTL562
Feb 04, 2009
in Real and FS Stuff