* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TeamSpeak ]I[  (Read 14396 times)

edmundo

• Approved Member
Re: TeamSpeak ]I[
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 02 Dec 2013, 15:47:09 »
Hi Andy,

I have Teamspeak 3 up and running when online to BFSG, I would like to be able to use from the desktop icon rather than going online to BFSG.

When I click on the Teamspeak 3 icon on my desktop it presents me with a box I have to fill in, like a small version of the "boookmarks" box I filled in when following your instructions when connecting through BFSG.

What do I need to enter into  "Phonetic Nickname box,                  Identity box
                                                "Default Channel     box                   Capture profile box
                                                "Channel Password box                   Playback profile box
                                                "one time privelidge key                   Hotkey proflie box
                                                                                                         Sound pack  box

I hope this makes sense to you

Kind Regards

Dave

Pete A (G-SPCA)

• Going Around - Again
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • CIX VFR Club
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 02 Dec 2013, 16:02:24 »
If you create a Bookmark for the BFSG then you can open that from the Bookmark menu. If you look at the Advanced Settings for a Bookmark there is a little checkbox to load the Bookmark when TS3 loads. Bingo, run TS3 from the Desktop/Menu are you're straight in to the BFSG server. You can even specify a default room to join.
Pete Allnutt
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Mac@Bath

• GA Fly-in Planner
  • Superhero Member
  • "All round pretty good guy." (Sometimes!)
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 02 Dec 2013, 17:21:09 »
I discovered the required entry for the "Phonetic Nickname box"

When I initially put in "Mac at Bath", the "Bath" was said with an American 'short' "a" sound (as in Cat/Sat/Mat)....but by adding the "r", I now get the correct "Barth" (as in Bar/Car/Jar).
It was a simple 'trial & error', but the amazing programme sorted it out just fine.
It was also rather 'fun' to get it to correctly pronounce "Brissol" !!
However, it is only of any value/use IF you keep the "sound notifications" working (in setting/Playback) ....albeit with the lower slider down at -30.0dB
;)

edmundo

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 03 Dec 2013, 15:56:17 »
Thanks Pete,

I will have look at that,

Dave

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 12.0 / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 03 Dec 2013, 18:16:14 »
Thanks for picking that up Pete...

Dave - in answer to your other question, if you're connected to the server the way you want to be, and you're creating a bookmark with the "Add to Bookmarks" option on the "Bookmarks" menu, then you don't need to change any of the fields that you ask about - they'll all be set up as you need them.

However, per Pete's message, if you want to connect automatically to that bookmark when you start TS3, check the box Pete mentions. If you want to join in a room other than the Lobby, then move to that room and click the button with two arrows on it to copy its name. Then save the bookmark.

Up to you if you want to play with the phonetic nickname, but as Barry mentions, other people need to have a TTS (text to speech) sound pack selected for it to be vaguely useful.

Wycliffe

• Approved Member
  • xplane fanboy and convert
    • FlyBy
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 04 Dec 2013, 09:47:43 »
You can imagine the hoops I jumped through to get it to say Wycliffe Barrett

WB
"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets"

edmundo

• Approved Member