* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FSHostClient - some hints for online flying  (Read 2473 times)

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 12.0 / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
FSHostClient - some hints for online flying
« on: Thu, 28 Aug 2008, 00:52:14 »
I've discovered a couple of things about the FSHostClient that should improve the online flying experience of members flying with FSX on the FSHost server.

Firstly, there's a beta version of the FSHostClient program available that allows you to see other aircraft that are more than 10nm away from you. The author has asked that we don't link directly, however you can find a link to the new version in this thread. This new version can simply be extracted out of the ZIP file and copied over the current version. Note that the default behaviour is unchanged (i.e., anything more than 10nm away is suppressed); you'll need to visit the "Options" page to change this behaviour.

Secondly, it's possible through the FSHostClient program to manually assign an aircraft model to each and every pilot that's connected. This means, for FSX pilots at least, that you can now make Ollie's 737 look like a 737 even if you don't have his model installed! Simply right-click on the player name that you'd like to set in the client, and select the "Set Player Aircraft" option (I'm not in front of a machine running this at the moment, so it may not be called exactly that). You'll then be able to select an aircraft model for that player from those that you have installed in FSX.

Unfortunately, this can't work for FS9 as there's no intermediate client involved where the translation can take place. Perhaps this is the straw that forces the ditherers amongst the online flying fraternity to upgrade!
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 Aug 2008, 17:39:28 by Andy Parish »

* Random Image

United 157 - No gear? TO La Paz
 Views: 722
Posted by TimCee
Oct 24, 2008
in Aircraft