* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NL2000 v4  (Read 2302 times)

MYK956 (RIP)

• Rest In Peace
  • Superhero Member
  • Pilot, Planner, Navigator, Gofer in that order
Re: NL2000 v4
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 14 Jun 2010, 12:27:03 »
Hi  Andy  was it from the ftp that you got the full file download, because I have tried now NINE ( 9 ) times to get this particular file and every time it gets to 3.6GB it cuts off. So I am totally confused as to why it is happening,  have cleared out all of the previous downloads for it so that it shouldn't find previous trace of it. I have no wish to go down the torrent route to get it as that could take up to four or five days to get, at the speed that it was downloading last time. And the forum login procedure is taking it's sweet time in authorising my approval, just so I can post on their forum about it. So If I cannot get it fully then, yes I would love a copy on Disc, just tell which ones and I will reimburse you with new discs at the next meeting.
MYK  got the hang of this flying lark

'Beast'  i5-760 + 8Gb Ram + GTX460 1Gb = Two Widescreen TV

Acer  Core2 Duo e6400 + 6Gb Ram + Nvidia 9500GT 1Gb + 19in LCD

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 12.0 / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 14 Jun 2010, 12:29:27 »
I should have pointed out in my original post... I downloaded everything using uTorrent.

It may simply be an addressing thing and the version of whatever program it is you're using to download it. Despite being a 64-bit operating system, a LOT of software still runs in 32-bit mode (including the default internet explorer). 4Gb is the limit of space addressable using 32-bits, so you may simply be running out of space.

Make sure that whatever it is you're using to do the download is running out of the "Program Files" and not the "Program Files (x86)" directory - that's usually a pretty good hint.

I offered to send it because the next meeting is in September and I don't know if you can wait until then...
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 Jun 2010, 12:34:42 by Andy Parish »

MYK956 (RIP)

• Rest In Peace
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 14 Jun 2010, 13:49:53 »
Hi Andy,  yes I can wait that long, and secondly I am running 64bit Windows 7 and browser is Mozilla Firefox and I still have a little bit of room left on my HDD to get it in and down, only a little bit. But I am downloading it from the NL2000 ftp pages, which shows it should be 4.2Gb of the download but I am getting stopped at 3.6-3.75Gb. I am currently trying for the tenth time to get it, I have wondered if it is their end because of bandwidth, but because it is their ftp, that should make no difference,surely?.
And as you can see a repair from disc, seems to have repaired my system OK, but I was sweating when I did it in case it did not take,but all seems fine now. And yes I did have to rename my .cfg file to get FSX back up and running, but why the problem of the visualfx.dll file error keeps happening is beyond me. But it would seem after ten-twelve time of opening FSX, this error keeps popping up. Having to reset all buttons and keys is wearing thin by now, but if it works heyho.

MYK956 (RIP)

• Rest In Peace
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 14 Jun 2010, 19:41:41 »
Hello Andy      At long last after thirteen tries, it finally gave up and surrendered itself to the download at, wait for it 4.175Gb, that decided to work in winzip first time, so thank you for your very kind offer Andy and see you at the next meeting.

* Random Image

Wk 22 T O
 Views: 707
Posted by Tony Price
Oct 23, 2008
in Aircraft