* User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TrackIR 5 - problems installing  (Read 1958 times)

Pete N

• Approved Member
  • We've come along way since the ZX Specy
TrackIR 5 - problems installing
« on: Sat, 03 Mar 2012, 16:36:18 »
I have just bought TrackIR 5 with the TrackClip Pro. I have managed to download the software off the website www.naturalpoint.com/trackir but when I try running the installation I get a message window entitled window installer and it states that the feature I am trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable - then it is asking me to manually find the correct pathway for the 'ISScript.Msi' I can't find this in any searches on my machine and anything that's on the net seems to want to install programmes that have little resemblance to what I'm trying to do which is simply install the Track IR software - any help please to a semi computer illiterate.
My windows system is XP if this helps

Pete N

• Approved Member
Re: TrackIR 5 - problems installing
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 Mar 2012, 13:18:20 »
Well I have managed to get it running thanks to the tech help from TrackIR  ;D
excellent extension to the FS experiance once you get used to looking out the corner of your eye lol

Gordie

• Approved Member
  • The Welsh Wizard (retired)
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 Mar 2012, 12:06:03 »
I too use TrackIR and find it genuinely adds to my my GA flying realism.
As some others in the BFSG have found, it takes a bit of getting used to, and initially can make you feel slightly 'airsick', but I tend to frequently freeze it via the F9 key, particularly when setting up the instruments or writing brief notes, and re-engaging for approach and general sight-seeing. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Pete N

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 Mar 2012, 12:44:09 »
Hi Gordie - thanks for the tip about the F9 key - I know what you mean about the 'airsick' feeling you get when making big movements of the head - usually when Im looking for a specific key on the keypad.  It will certainly help whilst trying to land my F17 on the angled deck of the Aircraft Carrier.

JayBee

• Bristol Flight Simulator Group Founder Member
  • Founder Member
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 Mar 2012, 17:09:09 »
Peter, do you buy PC Pilot? There was a very good article about Track IR published about 6 or 7 copies ago.

Very useful

Let me know if you need the copy number
Bristol Flight Simulator Group Founder Member

Mark Morgan

• Approved Member
  • G-MARK
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 18 Mar 2012, 11:22:51 »
I too have tir.  I found it far better after i changed the null zones. Makes setting up the instruments far easier.
XP11. I7 8700k@4.7ghz. GTX 1080 of. 32gb ram. 3x32" monitors & Oculus Rift. X52, saitek pedals, yoke, trim wheel, multi panel, radio panels and switches.

Pete N

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 18 Mar 2012, 20:47:55 »
JayBee - now that's a silly question, what simmer doen't have a subscription to PC Pilot !!! - it was that article that  got me first thinking about getting the TrackIR.

memorgan - do you make the nul zone smaller? and how would I be able to try it myself?

JayBee has also asked me to post what the TrackIR advised for the original problem I had and as I said to JayBee I think I had a modicum of luck that my machine decided to let me get through the blockage and let me download the programme. anyhoo this is what Michael Board had to say:~

"It sounds like the installer is bound on something within windows.  The approach would likely be to clean the temporary files and attempt again.  Alternatively:

To correct, download the following:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xyj79skw15j9ku5

Extract it to your Program Files directory, then manually create a shortcut to TrackIR5.exe and install the drivers.

To install drivers:

Click on the start menu, then click on computer.  On the ribbon at the top, select "System Properties"
On the left hand side of the window, select "Device Manager"
Look for a category called "NaturalPoint Devices".  It should have an item inside called "TrackIR 5".  If it does, double click on the TrackIR device and ensure that the window says "This device is working properly".

If there is no NaturalPoint Devices, look for an "Unknown device" with a yellow caution sign over the icon.
Right click on the unknown device, and select "Update driver software"
Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
Click "Browse" and point it to your "TrackIR5\Drivers" directory then hit next, and continue as normal.

If you run into difficulty, we can attempt to schedule a remote desktop session for assistance during normal business hours."

Excellent support from TrackIR I thought.

JayBee

• Founder Member
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 18 Mar 2012, 22:42:15 »
Thanks Peter, I am sure that TrackIR users will note that information.

JB

Andy Parish

• BFSG Leader (& Geek!)
  • Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • X-Plane 12.0 / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 19 Mar 2012, 20:12:07 »
JayBee - now that's a silly question, what simmer doen't have a subscription to PC Pilot !!!

Erm... I think there's probably quite a few that don't - amongst the BFSG membership anyhow, although I think those that aren't were all at some point. I guess some of us just moved on...

Ollie Alderson

• Country Member
  • Airlines Fly-in Planners
  • Superhero Member
  • Plt Off P. Prune !!
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 20 Mar 2012, 08:11:27 »
As Andy says -
Erm... I think there's probably quite a few that don't

I used to subscribe but was eventually turned off by the sycophantic letters and the, sometimes, nonsensical articles.

Additionally, the cover CD began to contain aircraft and scenery that was created by children with better versions freely available elsewhere.

So there.   :(
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return –  Leonardo da Vinci.

JayBee

• Founder Member
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 20 Mar 2012, 08:24:43 »
Meanwhile and back on topic  ;) - the magazine did produce a very good article on using the TrackIR !

Pete N

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 24 Mar 2012, 23:07:05 »
I've just dug into all my old copies of PC Pilot and they did reviews of the TIR 4 in issues 38 (Jan-Feb 2006) and issue 45 (Mar-Apr 2007) and the TIR 5 in issue 63 (Sept-Oct 2009)

JayBee

• Founder Member
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 25 Mar 2012, 07:13:51 »
I don't have my previous copies, but I suppose that the article I recalled was the last one in 2009. It was useful in the advice given re-backlight problems - which I do experience in Jubilee Hall from the tube lighting.

* Random Image

2009 feb 7 009
 Views: 683
Posted by Norman
Feb 07, 2009
in Normans Album